Whether you plan to enjoy a quiet night at home, host a party, or simply want some wicked snacks to enjoy this Halloween, you can’t go past these thrilling treats.
The best part is that these recipes use wholesome ingredients, including natural peanut butter from the Mayver’s product range, making them devilishly delicious and guilt-free.
These cute and creepy treats are sure to make this Halloween one to remember – we can feel it in our bones!
Halloween treat: Batty bliss balls
These batty bliss balls are more cute than they are creepy, so are sure to make a boo-tiful impression when served for Halloween.
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup LSA
¼ cup mixed nuts (e.g almonds, walnuts, cashews)
3 medjool dates, pitted
½ cup Mayver’s Dark Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup water
¼ cup desiccated coconut
½ tbsp cacao powder
Small handful sunflower seeds
6 squares dark chocolate (needs to be thin shards of chocolate e.g. 85% dark Lindt)
- Combine all ingredients, except water, in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Slowly add small amounts of water to the mixture, processing after each addition, until the mixture holds together when shaped into a ball (you may not need to use all the water).
- Roll teaspoon amounts of mixture into balls. Combine desiccated coconut and extra cacao on small plate and roll half of the balls in this.
- Use a sharp knife to cut chocolate into wing-like shards and insert into balls to create bat wings.
- Decorate with candy eyes and sunflower seeds as fangs. Store in container in fridge.
Makes 4-6 serves.
Recipe by @nataliemewing
Halloween drink: Gingerbread smoothie
This delicious drink, with a touch of spice and everything nice, is sure to lift your spirits this Halloween.
1 small banana, frozen
1 cup milk of choice
1 tbsp Mayver’s Skin On Peanut Butter
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger, ground
¼ tsp nutmeg
Ice for blending
- Put all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and dust with cinnamon for serving.
Makes 1 serve.
Recipe by Susie Burrell.
Halloween snack: Apple monsters
With their googly eyes and chunky teeth, these apple monsters will make a spook-tacular addition to your Halloween spread.
The best part? They’re gluten free, dairy free, and suitable for vegetarians.
1 green apple
Mayver’s Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
6 cashew nuts
Candy eyes (for decoration)
- Slice apple into 12 wedges (6 pairs), and split cashew nuts in half, lengthways.
- Spread Mayver’s peanut butter on bottom wedges of each pair and arrange split cashew nuts on top to look like fangs. Spread peanut butter on top wedge and place onto bottom wedge to look like a mouth.
- Use a very small amount of peanut butter to stick candy eyes onto top wedge.
Makes 6 serves.
Recipe by @nataliemewing